There are now new waymarks around the 25 miles of field paths in the parish. This is thanks to the Aylesbury Ramblers Association. Visit their website at www.aylesbury-ramblers.org.uk to find out more.
Wing Circular Walk
It is with regret that the Wing Circular Walk is still closed to residents and visitors to the village. However the Council is working with Bucks County Council to see if this can be resolved by taking on Long Spinney. This is a long process and needs as many volunteers as possible. If you are interested then please contact the Parish Clerk.
- Walk 1 - Burcott to Linslade - 2 miles
- Walk 2 - Burcott, Rocklane, golf course, Stewkley, Burcott (circular) - 6.5 miles
- Walk 3 - Wing, Ledburm, Mentmore, Wing (circular) - 5 miles
- Walk 4 - Wing, Aston Abbotts, Wing (circular) - 6.75 miles
- Walk 5 - Wing, Aston Abbotts, Cublington, Wing (circular) - 8 miles
- Walk 6 - Wing, Wingrave, Wing (circular) - 5.5 miles
The above walks have been put together by Keith Stuart who has lived in Wing since 1972. More walks will be added in due course. Comments to improve them are welcome. Keith is currently a ‘footpath checker’ for Ramblers covering the public footpaths and bridleways in and around the Parishes of Wing & Mentmore/Crafton. This entails walking the many miles of paths each year and reporting problems to Bucks CC and the trimming back of growth around stiles and hedge gaps.
n.b. during the growing season it is useful for walkers to carry an old broom handle & garden secateurs because nettles & brambles frequently grow by stiles.
Issues with public rights of way can be reported to Bucks County Council - http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/bcc/row/reporting_issues.page